Self-Advocacy in Healthcare
Free for all Virginians! REGISTER at: https://www.the5bridges.com/self-advocacy-in-healthcare
If you’ve ever been rushed, intimidated, or pressured during a healthcare appointment, you know what it’s like to feel that your voice isn’t being heard by your provider. But what if you could feel confident in sharing your thoughts, asking informed questions, and treated as a respected collaborator in your health? Learning how to advocate for yourself is a key step in taking charge of your wellness. In this workshop, we’ll explore:
· 3 easy-to-remember questions to always ask
· Building the relationship you want with your healthcare provider
· Addressing barriers to quality communication
· Strategies for approaching tough conversations effectively
Join us for one no-cost workshop in May for Virginians with Lindsay Rathert, a full-spectrum Doula and Communications Specialist, to learn tangible skills for self-advocacy in healthcare. Three sessions only:
· — Parents & Caretakers: May 12th, 5PM ET
· — Workplace & Community: May 19th, 12PM ET
· — Providers & Healthcare: May 26th, 9AM ET
Sponsored by Mount Rogers Community Services and Twin County Prevention Coalition.
Space is limited to 50 people per session!