Engaging parents, empowering youth, and building resiliency throughout the community of Hanover
Community Mental Health Awareness Programs
Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid is a full-day, interactive workshop that provides participants with a five-step action plan to help loved ones, colleagues, neighbors and others cope with mental health problems.
Similar to traditional First Aid and CPR, Mental Health First Aid is the initial help provided to a person developing mental health problem or experiencing a crisis until professional treatment is obtained or the crisis resolves.
Participants will learn about the prevalence of common mental health issues, including signs and symptoms and strategies to connect with appropriate professional, peer, social or self-help care.
We offer four versions of Mental Health First Aid tailored to specific audiences:
– Adult (original version)
– Youth (for adults who work with adolescents)
– Higher Education
More than Sad
This 2-hour workshop will help participants understand how depression can affect adolescents. At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify teen depression as a medical illness that involves chemicals in the brain
- Describe the key symptoms of depression
- Identify different ways depression can be expressed in adolescents
- Describe the most effective treatments for depression in teens
- Identify local resources to help teens with depression
Hanover Community Services
Community Education and Prevention Programs